Energy professionals – current and future – have to be informed and equipped for an industry that is in transition. The Hydrogen Economy is standalone micro-credential program that meets this need for an important component of the evolving global energy system. Design and presented by leaders from industry and accomplished faculty from the University of Houston, the program provides a structured series of micro-credentials or “badges” that cover the changing energy landscape and build skills to succeed in it.
The Hydrogen Economy is also Silver Belt Program within Sustainable Energy Development portfolio. It consists of 3 badges, each of them a 15-hour module, delivered over a 3-week periods. The badges are stackable, and form part of the Certificate in Sustainable Energy Development.
This micro-credentialing program delivers a multi-disciplinary understanding of challenges and solutions develop a viable hydrogen economy, and it is taught by world class instructors, including leaders from industry and the marketplace and accomplished faculty from the University of Houston, the Energy University, in the Energy Capital of the World.
This cohort of The Hydrogen Economy is presented as a combined synchronous/asynchronous package. The synchronous segments are weekly 1-hour Zoom meetings. These include overview lectures, updates, course guidance, and Q&A. The asynchronous segments are recorded sessions, to be viewed and studied between the weekly synchronous sessions. The program consists of three 15-hour modules, each over a 3-week period. Digital badges are awarded for each module. Learners who complete all 3 badges earn a Belt.
The schedule is published on the program website at: https://uh.edu/uh-energy/sed-program/hydrogen/. The timelines for the badges are:
- Badge 1: Hydrogen Production Badge Feb. 20th – March 13th, 2023
- Badge 2: Hydrogen Transportation, Safety & Use Badge March 20th – April 10th, 2023
- Badge 3: Commercial Opportunity for Hydrogen Badge April 17th – May 8th, 2023
Individual Badges (+$375.00)
Silver Belt Bundle (Badges 1, 2 & 3) (+$1000.00)
• Rising senior in a bachelor’s degree program or graduate student; business, engineering, or technology preferred.
• Industry Professional
- Silver Belt: The Silver Belt program builds upon the introduction to the energy transition given in the Bronze Belt in Sustainable Energy Development. It provides a deeper look at hydrogen - one of the most promising vehicles for decarbonizing the global energy systems. The three badges explore hydrogen production, hydrogen transportation, safety and use, and the commercial opportunity for hydrogen. A capstone project is included, to consolidate the multidisciplinary learning of this exciting new program.
UH Energy: The Hydrogen Economy – A SED Silver Belt Program (Shell)
- Availability: In Stock