Energy professionals – current and future – have to be informed and equipped for an industry that is in transition. The Hydrogen Economy is standalone micro-credential program that meets this need for an important component of the evolving global energy system. Design and presented by leaders from industry and accomplished faculty from the University of Houston, the program provides a structured series of micro-credentials or “badges” that cover the changing energy landscape and build skills to succeed in it.
The Hydrogen Economy is also Silver Belt Program within Sustainable Energy Development portfolio. It consists of 3 badges, each of them a 15-hour module, delivered over a 3-week periods. The badges are stackable, and form part of the Certificate in Sustainable Energy Development.
This micro-credentialing program delivers a multi-disciplinary understanding of challenges and solutions develop a viable hydrogen economy, and it is taught by world class instructors, including leaders from industry and the marketplace and accomplished faculty from the University of Houston, the Energy University, in the Energy Capital of the World.
The program will be offered in 15-hour modules, each over a 3-week period. Digital badges are awarded for each module, and sets of 3 badges you will earn a Belt. The Hydrogen Economy is a standalone program. However, it is also a Silver Belt program within the Sustainable Energy Development portfolio. The introductory Sustainable Energy Development Bronze Belt, followed by two additional Belts (Silver or Gold) lead to the coveted UH Digital Certificate in Sustainable Energy Development. The badges and belts provide a permanent record, endorsed by UH Energy and the University of Houston, that can be made a part of your resume to credential your new skills.
UH Energy is offering the following badge sessions in The Hydrogen Economy, starting Wednesday, February 16th, 2022. Instruction for each Badge consists of 6, 2 ½ -hour online sessions. Sessions are delivered twice per week, Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00-8:30 pm, CST.
- Badge 1: Hydrogen Production Badge Feb. 16th – March 9th, 2022
- Badge 2: Hydrogen Transportation, Safety & Use Badge March 21st – April 6th, 2022
- Badge 3: Commercial Opportunity for Hydrogen Badge April 18th – May 4th , 2022
Individual Badges (+$900.00)
Silver Belt Bundle (Badges 1, 2 & 3) (+$2500.00)
• Rising senior in a bachelor’s degree program or graduate student; business, engineering, or technology preferred.
• Industry professional
- Silver Belt: The Silver Belt program builds upon the introduction to the energy transition given in the Bronze Belt in Sustainable Energy Development. It provides a deeper look at hydrogen - one of the most promising vehicles for decarbonizing the global energy systems. The three badges explore hydrogen production, hydrogen transportation, safety and use, and the commercial opportunity for hydrogen. A capstone project is included, to consolidate the multidisciplinary learning of this exciting new program.
UH Energy: The Hydrogen Economy – A SED Silver Belt Program
- Availability: In Stock